By : Rosalie Hamelin | Studio Pink
GRANDS PRIX DU DESIGN – 16th edition
Discipline : Communication & Branding
Categories : Brand Design / Logo Design : Silver Certification
To provide a name and branding for our client’s cidery.
Our client, a strong environmentalist, acquired the renowned « Domaine Pinacle » in Frelighsburg, on the Vermont border, to provide his son with an ideal living environment.
Erected in 1859, the house is recognized by its unique turret, which long served as a landmark for illegal men fleeing the United States along the railroad tracks.
Also found on the estate’s grounds are century-old apple trees that offer high-quality fruit thanks to their roots that run deeper into the ground.
It was therefore natural to draw inspiration from these different riches to propose the name « Domaine Héritage » for the cider house:
- The Heritage that the client offered to his son;
- The Heritage that the place offers through its history;
- The Heritage that the land offers through its apple trees;
- The Heritage that the apple tree offers for its fruit and oxygen.
SYMBOLICS OF THE LOGO
At first glance, we see the apple tree, a symbol of family heritage through its roots, branches and fruit. Closing its sides, we also illustrate lungs:
- trees are the lungs of the earth;
- apple trees are the lungs of the Domaine Heritage;
- lungs are the symbol of life.
These strong and evocative symbolism perfectly convey each of the values of our client.